Tuesday, October 23, 2012

These Boots Are Made For Walkin'

This past Sunday was possibly the very best weekend day our family has had together... well, possibly ever. We walked the grounds of The Vyne, a historic (an historic in UK English) Tudor mansion on something like 14 acres. Morgaston Wood is the beautiful forest that encompasses much of the landscape. Along our nearly 5-hour walk we discovered a variety of wild mushrooms, conkers, a huge swan along with other water foul, and heard the calls and songs of numerous birds.

Another discovery was that it was incredibly muddy. The kids were all set in their wellies... After nearly two months in England, I'm starting to pick-up the lingo. Rain boots are Wellingtons, Wellies for short. However, my husband and I were not so prepared. In the 10 suitcases that moved us over, shoes were heavy and bulky, so we each brought only two pair and neither of us included boots for messy weather.

So, I've gone "window" shopping... virtually. Now, I'm not normally shoe crazy, I rarely own more than 10 pair to cover all the seasons, but upon yet another discovery, that of www.brantano.com, I think I've got a mini Imelda Marcos brewing inside of me! They have shoes for men, woman and kids. Want to see what I'm crazy about?

I started with the Wellingtons, of course; but couldn't stay focused. What I really, really want are these:
Clarks Majestic Way Calf Boot
Then, I got back on track; who knew rain boots could be so cute?!!

These match my jacket... 

These would work better when I want to wear my black jacket, purple hat and matching scarf.
But then again, so would these. What's a girl to do?
And of course, since I left all my heels behind and have every intention to hit the London theatres...

Now, I'll need a sassy dress and bag to match...
 And I do a lot of walking even in mild weather on average days...

These go with everything from jeans to skirts...

 And these are just really cute and fun! And listed in the "comfort" shoes section!
I have a thing for red...
That was the most fun shoe shopping I've done in years!! All while The Boy naps. I had to stop because it's nearly time to pick up the girls from school! My husband is on his own.

I love technology... and apparently shoes! Obviously, I'll have to narrow it down to a pair of boots and then one cute pair of shoes. Which would you choose?

8 comments:

  1. Love the shoes!

    I nominated you for a beautiful blog award. Please visit http://fashionablysaving.wordpress.com/2012/10/24/first-blogging-award/
    to accept the award.

    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love shoes!! Especially the shoes over in Europe! Every time I go back home (Holland) I tend to come back with a few pairs of extra shoes :-) The children's shoes are also great and much better quality then over here in New Zealand.
    Those red shoes look awesome and very very comfy; love them.
    I'm glad to hear you're settling in so well over there and are already getting the hang of the english lingo :-)
    Enjoy the rest of your week!
    Greetings from New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shoes (and clothes!) are much cuter here than in the US for sure! I didn't realize you were in NZ - that's one place I wanted to go, but didn't get to when we lived in Asia.
      Thanks for your visit and I hope you have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  3. I vote for the red ones! You can wear them with almost any outfit color... And they'll look especially nice if you wear them with black or brown outfits as a nice flashy color at your feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like those too!!! Since I usually wear black they'll work for me.

      Delete
  4. I like the first pair after the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire every shoes above. They are all stylish and the purple one really amazed me. Maybe it's good to pair it with a cute dress.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, tell me what you think!