Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I'm Dreaming of Summer Fun in the Sun!

Last summer we spent one beautiful month in France. As we're moving soon, and France is on the possible list (hubby is French), I'm feeling reminiscent.

The bulk of our time was spent in a gorgeous converted barn! We had the good fortune of borrowing a friend's home, which included a great pool. My kids loved having a pool in the backyard! My little guy was a bit weary of the water, but he had plenty of fun. The only trouble was the filter didn't work at first and there were so many bugs in the water! I don't like bugs. The skimmer was broken, so I couldn't scoop them out. I needed a pool supply store like Doheny, but I was in unknown territory. The nearest major store was 40-minutes away (I love the French countryside) and who wants to drive that far on a beautiful day?

It all worked out, though, as life always does. Whimsy aside, what I mean is that the maintenance guy came and fixed the filter! I'm dreaming of summer fun like that again. As it stands, aside from Jury Duty in early June, I don't know where we'll be or what we'll be doing this summer. But I do certainly hope a pool or a beach factor in there somewhere!

What about you? What are your plans this summer?

My kids are always happy in a pool!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing and I'm with you, I hate bugs!

    I'm not sure what I will be doing this summer, I usually just go with the flow. There is talk of going to Indian Lake, I'm hoping that will work out, because I've never been there before and it just sounds like a lot of fun. So, we'll have to wait and see.

    I'm ready for it though! That's for sure:)

    Sarah
    http://skylarinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see the ocean :) I am soooooo excited you are our guest for the Make my Morning Blog Hop Yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha,

    I am your newest follower and I'm participating in the morning week 11 blog hop. I followed you via twitter. Thanks for following back.

    http://twitter.com/allcouponedout

    Mahalo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We live in the Philippines and its summer already here.. Its a scorching 36-37 degrees celsius everyday! Cant wait to go anywhere cold! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, tell me what you think!