Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I Can Answer My Phone Again


For several weeks, if not months, I've been avoiding my phone. I leave it on silent when my husband and I are together and have a special ring tone for him and close family so I know when to pay attention if it rings. Why? If you read my last post, you may have some inclination. I know why they're calling. If you're lucky, you've never heard this on the other line, "This is an attempt to collect a debt." Well, sorry, you can't collect money that I don't have. So, I stopped answering the phone.

But now, I can answer it again. That's one freedom filing for bankruptcy is providing me. I answer it and politely refer them to my attorney. They say thank you and tell me they won't be calling me again. It's a little scary, quite stressful, yet I'm breathing a sigh of relief. And, I'm answering my phone.

Who's Calling?
Oh yeah, it doesn't matter!

Thanks to all of you for your support. It means so much.


3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, this must be so hard for you at this time. My husband and I went through a similar thing 2 years ago and it was very, very hard. Just know and believe; there is light at the end of the long, dark tunnel. My thoughts are with you.
    Raquel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Raquel. Some days are easier than others, aren't they?

      Delete
  2. I just saw these posts now! So sorry to hear Tamara, I had no idea. I can imagine how stressful it can be, but I'm glad to hear that you're taking the necessary steps and you can answer your phone again without worrying :) Things will look up, and everything happens for a reason (believe it or not). You guys will appreciate life and what matters most on a whole new level because of it :) Hang in there, thinking of you!

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete

Go on, tell me what you think!