Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year, Clean House

Happy New Year! It's too early for spring cleaning, but I'm in the mood to vacuum! But what I'd really love is to have someone do the vacuuming for me. I love the name of this company that offers maid service in Washington, D.C.: Maid to Please. Doesn't that name just give you a good feeling?

Back in the day, before we opened our own business, I used to have housekeeping service occasionally. When you're busy having babies it helps to hire out! I thought I was really busy when I had one baby and I was pregnant. I was, for certain, tired! Pregnancy fatigue is killer. Now I'm a busier mom of three (including 1 rambunctious toddler!), retail business owner and freelance writer (about to start another business!). Needless to say, my house could use a good clean.

When one of you kind readers sends me a gift certificate to have my house cleaned, keep in mind what I'm looking for:

A cleaning service with flexibility. Some of us can afford the luxury of weekly housekeeping, some monthly and for some quarterly is enough.

A bonded service. I want to feel comfortable that nothing is leaving my house when my housekeepers do.

A service whose employees feel comfortable cleaning when I'm at home, with a kid or two! Many companies prefer you leave a key with them, but that's not happening with me. Since I work from home half of the time and always have a 2-year-old monkey running around, they need to be able to work around me.

So there you have it! What I want in maid service or housekeeping. For now, however, I'll just deal with a bit of dust and keep working on cleaning myself skinny!

*** Disclosure: I may be compensated for this post, but not enough to cover a cleaning, so go ahead and click above left to donate ;)

1 comment:

  1. hello, following you from the hop via GFC & Twitter.

    ~MiaB
    www.mamamiasheart2heart.com

    ReplyDelete

Go on, tell me what you think!