Sunday, January 22, 2012

10 Things I Love about being a Mom

Today, I'm going to focus on 10 things I absolutely love about being a mother.
In no particular order....

1. Belly laughs.
2. Notes left by my 5-year-old that read, "I love you becus yor the best mommy ever."
3. When they read me a story!
4. The funny way first words come out and the surprise when they finally say them right.
5. Family group hugs.
6. Seeing the boy hug his injured, crying sister, asking, "Ok? Ok?" and gently stroking her hair.
7. Watching them Discover 
8. Teaching... colors, numbers, language, etc...
9. Soft, smushy cheeks and the kisses that go with them.
10. Finally understanding my own mother.
Photo Copyright held by me!
Feb 2007. Now she reads & writes.  

What do you most love about motherhood?

5 comments:

  1. This is a great list!! Especially #9 =) Please stop by my page and check out my list http://shhhhhjustbetweenume.blogspot.com/2012/01/10-things-i-love-about-motherhood.html and tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting my hair brushed by little hands :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Matilda does things all by herself and I think " how did she know to do that?" LIke when I tease her and take her pacifier and put it in my mouth she pulls it out and I look her like I'm shocked then she immediately hands it back to me like " it's ok mom I'll share :)" so precious-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I saw that you were following me and I've moved blogs, so I wanted to let you know.
    http://www.lifeschooled.net/
    I'd love it if you still followed! Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! Tiffany and JuJu, I'll be stopping by!
    MWSM - I love that too!
    Lisa - Your list is going to grow and grow!! Matilda is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, tell me what you think!