Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Random thoughts from a home-bound Mama

I've decided to get crazy and post two days in a row. I'm standing here, still in pajamas while one child rides circles around me on a car with sirens and horns. The other two are watching Horseland. One should be in school today, but she came home with a fever yesterday and it got worse throughout the evening until around 4am when I gave her fever reducer. She's still feeling rotten, poor babe.

I must vacuum, do some laundry, feed and care for the three children, secure a babysitter for my store's grand opening, and resist eating like crazy. I'm hungry and craving pasta and bread (damn pms!) and chocolate (typical). But I suddenly realized that we're going on the local news program next week to publicize our event and I should probably drop those few pounds that have snuck on since working next door to Starbucks. Oh, to resist the lure of the Peppermint Mocha is something I just can't do. I have switched to non-fat, but I still take the whip.

Did you know that lack of sleep actually stimulates your appetite? Because I was up most of the night with my daughter, I forget all of the details involved and I'm too lazy to google them right now to verify, but I do recall that it's our body's way of making up for something we lack. Not enough sleep? Better eat! So, if dieting, be sure to get enough sleep! I shall nap when the boy does and encourage the girls to do the same.

It started here, I'm sure of it.
Photo by Jencu via Flickr
Any tips on how to get children who are too old to be sucking their thumbs to stop sucking their thumbs? I'd love your advice. This is the reason they frequently get sick when school is in session. I need to get them to keep their thumbs out of their mouths at all times! They don't do it in school, but immediately after. I try hard to catch them with the hand sanitizer, but they are fast and furious about their thumbs. Tips?

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had advice for you on the thumb sucking. My children never did that, but two of them were/are attached to blankets. My oldest just out grew it once he got into school and the other is still attached but not in school yet!

    Following you back via GFC! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am a new follower from Totally Tuesday blog hop :) Mine never sucked their thumbs but my youngest was attached to her binky until she was 3! There is that clear polish you can put on that is suppose to prevent thumb sucking, it's suppose to be harmless just gross tasting. Here's a link :http://www.amazon.com/Mavala-Stop-Biting-Sucking-0-3-Fluid/dp/B0000YUXI0

    I look forward to reading more of your blog posts! If you would like to check out my blog and follow back that would be great!

    Here's my link:
    http://www.OneMomsMoxie.com

    Have a Terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, tell me what you think!