Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tips & Tricks Tuesday: Keeping the sparkle

Happy Valentine's Day!


Photo from GoTravel24.com
I originally wrote this post way back in November of 2010, but felt it was a great tip for today! Many of you will be celebrating with your sweetie tonight and Champagne or Sparkling Wine may just be on the menu! Enjoy!

Keeping the Sparkle:

In your Champagne, that is. Or your sparkling wine, whatever fits your budget and your palate!

Since the holiday season is upon us, there will be parties. Holiday parties usually involve a bit of the bubbly. Today's Tip & Trick is how to keep it sparkling if you don't pour it all on the first round.

All you need to do is drop a silver (really any metal should do) spoon into the neck and store it back in the refrigerator. Ensure the spoon has a little wiggle room above it and is not stuck in place. In my experience, the bubbles will last a good 24-hours, though for taste, it is best consumed within a few hours!

There is science behind this, if you're of a curious mind. Here's a link I found while searching for a picture: To Spoon or Not to Spoon

Happy Celebrating!



8 comments:

  1. Thanks for jumping on the Train. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat trick! I'll have to keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool- I have never heard this before! We'll have to try it- our anniversary is coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your awesome blog on Tuesday's Blog Hop. Please come see me at www.adayinmotherhood.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by MomVantage.net! Have a wonderful week!! I am following you back :)
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm your newest follower from a Tues. blog hop! I'd love it if you would follow back at one or all four of my blogs :)

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/
    http://motherdaughterconnection.blogspot.com/
    http://jmconsultingservices.blogspot.com/

    Thank you! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea. I haven't tried that. I heard to use a napkin for soda.
    Hmm. I too hope to be a domestic house wife soon (and by soon, I mean next year) and I'll be filing this away in my list of "perfect wife" material. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Following you through blog hop and jump.
    Come visit me when you get a chance.

    http://stayingclosetohome.blogspot.com

    great idea about the bubbly

    ReplyDelete

Go on, tell me what you think!